It's a strange thing......

It's a strange thing that happens when you try to expand and develop your horizons. From the seed of a good idea you strive to learn more about it (whatever "it" is) and begin to apply your learning to given situations/new developments etc. You gain a level of confidence with this new thing - and then you jump into a larger pool (I guess your horizon expands!) and you realise how little you actually know about it - and it starts all over again.
I know this is not particularly earth shattering news to anyone - but it perhaps mirrors my current state of mind. What I'd like to know is: A)Where do you find the energy from to carry horizon scanning on and b) how do you get over the feeling that one day you'll get caught out and someone will find out what little substance lies behind the facade??
Just a thought for today!

Comments

Gill James said…
I recognise this paranoia. You would think I would be proud - thrity-seven school visits, a launch in a posh hotel in London, one in a newly-opened cafe near my own town and probably yet another here in the north. But that's what's expected of Creative Writers. A chance remark from a module convenor, a wordy document from a colleague and a change in my socila life, and I'm asking "Am I here under false pretences?" I guess we jsut have to think positively.
Angela said…
Thanks Gill - I'm glad I'm not alone!
Anonymous said…
Angie.... you make a good point and it is, i fear, one that is all too prevalent within people that 'expand their horizons'.
If it makes you feel a little better, I feel exactly the same.... yet my work is lauded continually. I shall just have to increase my meds :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

It was alright when it left here.............

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo