Eurovision!!!


Well, the annual event is almost upon us once again - 24th May 2008. The Eurovision Song contest is one of the highlights of my year. Call me "sad" if you must, but I don't believe I have missed a contest since I was a small child when my parents would put myself, my brother and sister to bed early in the evening (6 pm-ish) in order for us to have a nap before being woken up to watch the whole of the contest. It seemed so exciting to be up so late and watching a spectacle - as it seemed to me at the time. And we used to win sometimes in the good old days!
In latter years I have held Eurovision parties of my own where guests are expected to vote and play drinking games and shout at the voting of the partisan countries who always vote for their neighbours etc. It seems that there are few friends of the UK left.
It will soon be time to get out the international buffet menu , dust down the flags and get ready to have an evening of song, sequins and sycophancy!! Good luck to Andy Abraham - go for it!!
Hope you enjoy your Eurovision too. Maybe you'd like to share your experiences?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Andy Abraham?
Eurovision and Pop Idol combined?
Book me a seat, I'll bring the sausage.
Sarah

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

It was alright when it left here.............

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo