A Holiday Romance....



I just wanted to share with you my new love affair - now some of you will be thinking the wrong thing here. I have recently returned from a cruising holiday around the Meditteranean. One of the excursions from the ship was to Pompeii - somewhere I have always wanted to visit (Egypt and the pyramids, is the other place I would like to see before I die.). I wasn't disappointed - absolutely fantastic, fascinating, awesome and inspirational. However my new love affair is with Mt Vesuvius itself. It's presence over the landscape is magical - you can feel it - it fills the horizon as a brooding parent, menacing yet strangely hypnotic. Like the anti-hero in an old black and white film that you know you shouldn't be drawn to but you can't help yourself. I wanted to stay and just be in its shadow for longer - but I had to get back on the bus. A holiday romance I'll never forget.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

Eurovision!!!

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo