Enforced rest .......


I am currently in the unfortunate/fortunate position of having to take enforced rest. Those of you that know me will be aware of some ongoing medical problems - those who don't suffice to say "women's troubles" and spare you the gory details.
Having spent a week feeling poorly and trying desperately to avoid hospital admission I am now feeling slightly more human and can actually enjoy my time off work for the next week (I hope).
Anyway, what to do with this time? I have become very organised for Xmas (in case I needed to be in hospital) and used online shopping to great advantage - and then wrapped things as they are delivered. I have got parcels ready for USA and Oz ready for the Xmas posting dates, complete with letters and cards.
I have tried my best to watch day time TV - how dire is that? We pay a fortune for god knows how many channels and all you get are reality talk shows, naff quizz shows and thriller/murder/sci-fi shows with old has-beens taking a cameo role! Bring back the old black and white flims or even a musical once in a while please! So, I then spent an absolute mint on Xmas magazines, and now feel totally inadequate because I do not:
a) have a country farm house
b) run a cottage industry making shortbread from my own designer kitchen
c) have 4 children under the age of 10 who sit quietly in a tableau of creativity and expectant glee
d) own that perfect little black dress with killer heels - wearing whilst in the country and making shortbread obviously
e) spend £200 on a permanent blow-dry to keep that just stepped out of the salon look for upto three weeks "!"

Can't wait to go back to work..........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo

It was alright when it left here.............