Back by popular demand.....

A number of you have been asking where my diary has gone and whether the boy ever wrote back - apologies I have been rather tied up of late but I have dug out my diaries again for the next installment.
Just a quick note to those of you coming into these as a new reader - these are diary extracts from a 17 year old A'level student. Names have been changed to preserve a semblance of anonymity - but you know who you are!!!!


Tuesday December 11th 1979

Well I'm back again. The boy I wrote to hasn't written back yet (sob!) but there's still hope yet. Well. I have another exciting instalment of my life ready to tell.
As usual I'll start off from the previous date. Tuesday I had a play reading for St Peter's Hill Players. They want me to play Emma in The Edge of Darkness but I decided I couldn't do it coz it required too much involvement and I wouldn't have been able to give my best so I said no.
Thursday it was belinda's birthday and a whole group of us went to Nottingham. It was quite good, the dance floor was very small, there were no nice lads and my shoe broke but apart from that we enjoyed being somewhere different. Got to bed at 3am.

Friday Robin got confirmed so we went to his confirmation and then later B took me and SJ to Ashby. Danced with a guy who said he'd meet me in the After 8 in 2 weeks time if I wanted to see him again. I doubt whether I shall go coz for all I know he could be a rapist or something so am not going to chance it on my own!
Stayed in Saturday.
Sunday went to see Warriors at Oakham - brilliant film then afterwards we went to the RoadHog for chips and coffee. B made another pass at me so I told him I wanted to be just friends - I think he finaly got the message. But I felt so rotten saying it coz he's been so kind.  Besides if Steve writes back something might develop from that (daren't tell SJ as she'd tell me not to be so stupid! But he did seem to really like me)

Monday after tea I went up to Carole's for a few hours and did some homework and talked until dad came to pick me up. Tonight it was her birthday so we all went down the chinese to celebrate with a meal. So at the moment I'm really full up. Anyway - keep your fingers crossed for a letter soon!!?!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

Eurovision!!!

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo