From cocktails to drowned rats....


What a week I'm having - in a good way I might add! Currently on leave from work I have taken this opportunity to catch up with friends and having a great time.
Monday was cocktails in the Manchester Hilton - complete with fantastic view over Manchester city centre. Great company, great atmosphere and then onto Dimitris for greek tapas - yum yum. And the best bit was that I managed to drive into manchester and park (with a little help from my trusty sat nav!).
Tuesday was ribs and carbonara in Lymm- an old favourite where I don't even need to look at the menu - I very predictably go for the same thing - boring I know but delicious. Again a great evening and then back to my friend's house to try out the Wii fit board - what fun. I love the hula hoop, the steps and the jogging - have been trying to get one for ages but all sold out - let me know if you hear of any. Definitely felt like a workout!

Today I went into Liverpool to meet an old friend visiting oop north for the week. Great to see her and catch up with things. Best bit was deciding to take an open top bus tour of the city - until it started to rain - and I mean torrential. We tried the brollies at first but admitted defeat and went downstairs. No better, the bus leaked and because the top floor was flooded, everytime we went round a corner the water poured down the stairwell and into the bottom deck - hilarious and created a real community spirit on the bus. The guide - Neville- like a trouper tried to carry on with his narrative of the city but ended up sounding like Norman Collier as the water got into his microphone!! Anyway we soon dried off (steamed off probably a better description) and it was soon time to catch the train home - with promises of meeting up soon - I really hope we do.
Ah well, need to rest now for the rest of the week!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

Eurovision!!!

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo