Hypnosis, regression and a girl....


Well! Last night I did something that I have wanted to do for years - I was "taken under" (not sure of correct term) Past Life Regression hypnosis. How fascinating. For years I have had a keen interest in past life stories and indeed have a strong belief in re-incarnation, but I never found anyone who could take me through this. Anyway, during a chance conversation with a friend I found that he was trained to use regression hypnosis within his role at a palliative care hospice and part of his training did involve past life regression (although not much call for that on the NHS!). Unfortunately for him I think I may have backed him into a corner with my enthusiasm and he agreed to try it with me.
Having intrigued my facebook friends with a teasing build up to the session - I sat down with him last night as he explained any of the risks involved - might not work, might be distressing etc - but ultimately I would be in control. He explained the expectations arising from experiences of watching hypnosis as entertainment and that each person has a uniqueness as to how they achieve and experience total relaxation - which is what is needed in order to reach the subconscious mind.
Having banished husband upstairs with dog and endeavoured total freedom from distraction I got comfortable and we started.
At first it was like any usual relaxation session - noting awareness and then gently letting go (no dangling watches and "you are feeling sleepy" - bit disppointing!).
Then some visualisation techniques. There were times when I did feel detached and "in tune" and others where I couldn't stop my conscious mind interfering (especially as dog kept coming to the closed - glazed-door to see what was going on). Subsequently it is really really hard to say whether what I felt was real or whether I made it up!!
I found it hard to "see" anything - I expected to be in a film of one of my previous lives with clear images and sounds. What I did experience was a 'sense' of something, an inner knowledege of what was happening. I was aware of questions being asked and sometimes I had clear answers and at other times I had no answer (so if I was making it up wouldn't I have answers ready for all questions??). So, ultimately, what I "experienced" was a very short period in the life and death of a 15 year old, black female. My first experience was "freedom" being totally alone with sensation of being near caves and sand. This soon turned to "alone" and "sad" as I believed it felt as though I had been abandoned and left to die. Her death came not long after, again alone and sad - sensing of a death from starvation/dehydration. Stereotypically I did experience a tunnel with light (bit disappointed about that actually). But what was interesting is that whilst I find it hard to visualise images - I have a strong pull to colours which may represent or symbolise something - not sure what yet!
I was brought back to full awareness and we then sat chatting for a while and sharing the experiences of the session - really useful and interesting.
We are going to continue with another session next week to give me chance to practice the skill of total relaxation - still excited even though it wasn't totally what I thought it would be.

Comments

Buckeyebrit said…
Wow fascinting stuff. I wouold be interested to know what you (or the therapist) would say that you are hoping to get from the sessions if they are more than just fascination (but interesting enough even at that level). Is it supposed to inform you current life in some way?
Unknown said…
HI!
IT'S AWESOME! Stuffs are great and it's very interesting to know about hypnosis.
Good Day

RoggerAddision

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

Eurovision!!!

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo