Who are blogs for?

Hello, having been part of a group blog for about a year now - I have decided to create an arm of my own and see how it feels to be less constrained by responsibility to a corporate brand.
I understand what our group blog is about - sharing professional ideas and reflections and networking across like - minded institutions, but I begin with a question here.
Who are personal blogs for? Are they for the writer or the reader? Should I be creating a personal diary that can be seen by anyone (bit scary!) or should I be trying to showcase something of myself? In discussions with others the main thing that seems to arise is to be genuine.
What would anyone reading this want to know - that I am also able and prepared to share?
I would welcome any direction and advice that other bloggers could offer.

Comments

Cristina Costa said…
Dear Angela,

great thoughts.
The way I see it, blogging activity is a process...not always easy, espcially when you start it.

At the beginning I felt it quite hard to start, but then with time you start developing a blogger's mind. You find yourself thinking: "unnnh...this is a good experience to blog about" or "what a nice post this would be...to talk about the conference i have just come to / a site I came across, etc "
There aer blogs there are more professional focused, there are people that also show a little bit more of themselves, there are also those who do a little bit of both.
It is all about finding your own voice and making the blog your own spot.
I for instance find Ewan McIntosh's blog! quite interesting in that sense.

Cristina Costa!

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

Eurovision!!!

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo