Did I need to know....?

Just thought I'd share a rather bizarre experience that happened to me the other day. I was in the Trafford Centre and decided to buy a pair of shoes in a well known store. I went to the counter to be served by a young girl (surprisingly most seem to be young to me these days!). This is the conversation that took place:
Shopgirl : Can you hear me when I talk?
Me: Yes very well.
Shopgirl: Oh good, I think people can't hear me when I speak.
Me: (Thinking - is she asking me to diagnose her? Does she have a problem and for some reason I'm exuding professional mode) No, I can assure you that I can hear you
Shopgirl: good, it's just that I was out last night and we had a lock-in at the pub and I think I'm still drunk ........

She then went on to give me detail of what she'd been drinking etc etc. Did I really need to know that as a stranger - and certainly not as a customer. I wonder what her boss thought!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

Eurovision!!!

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo