Beer bongs and surprises............


OK, here goes, have calmed down enough know to not exactly laugh about things - but at least to put them into perspective. Step-son was charged with house-sitting whilst we were on holiday. Trust was given for him to look after the house, feed the birds, water the plants etc and in return he was left a fridge/freezer full of food, a crate of beer, comfort and access to equipment to work on his music production. What could be better - he gets a retreat away from his siblings, peace and quiet etc and we get peace of mind knowing that the house is safe!!!

Oh dear!!!!

Returned home a day earlier than expected due to mother-in-law being poorly. OMG! It wasn't so much the state of the house (4 black bin bags of rubbish in the kitchen, a floor that would rival super glue in its adhesiveness, 6 x 2 litre bottles of sherry - empty!) that aroused suspicion - what first drew our attention to the fact that all may not be well was a tube of superglue - obviously purchased in our absence. What had needed to be fixed I wondered? A casual request found that a cheap garden ornament had "got broken somehow".
"Anything else I should know about" I innocently asked. Noooo, only the clock. Apparently the pendulum and mechanism of my favourite antique clock had simply jumped off the wall - can't think how that may have happened. Began to get a bit upset at this point.
Over the next 24 hours a catalogue of "finds" began to give a clear picture of what may have gone on in our absence including:
- broken things (wine glass, lantern from our wedding)
- missing sheet found behind a chair in the living room - muddy
- girl's shoe found under my bed!
- later followed by girl's top, jogger bottoms and even bits of makeup
- footprint up the fireplace
(and too many more to mention!)
Lastly I found a Beer bong under the spare bed - I only know it was called that as it had a great bit label on it - I may not have lead a completely sheltered life - but I have never seen one of these. A big funnel with attached hose and a tap at the end of the hose. Use your imagination!
Careful questioning using all my skills of open ended questions and counselling techniques managed to winkle out that a party had occurred not 12 hours after we left!!
Now, I agree that in my youth I may have done similar things to my parents when they went away - but I don't remember such blatant disrespect of someone's home. (Oh yes - apart from that time the water came through the ceiling- a whole other story!).
Needless to say things are a bit strained at the moment .................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Freedom, Dame Maggie and knowing that leggings are the work of Satan

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo

But what do you do....?