Back by Popular Request.......

Well, you've asked for it, I shall look towards publishing a few entries from my diaries of 1979-80 when I was in sixth form at school and working at Boots as a Saturday Girl.
Jackie commented on my previous post and has really got me thinking,

"This is the process that has made me really think about how I presented to the world then, how I present now, similarities and differences between me and my younger self, and how we consciously and unconsciously distort 'truths' when they are uncomfortable. There is something about putting them in the public arena which gives the process more impact than just re-reading old diaries. Keep on showing your diaries, for our pleasure, and for your own enlightenment!"

 I agree that just reading them has begun to change my "truths" and I have begun to think about how me now and me then communicate. By the way - I have changed names to protect the innocent - but you know who you are!!!!
I have selected a 3 day period which seems to clearly demonstrate the flavour of most of the entries!

Saturday March 31st 1979
Boring day at work (as usual). David was on again this week but for the last time as he's left now (hurrah!). Went back to Sue's  after work. Dad gave me a lift. Got ready to go out again. Met SJ then went to Beehive to see if Terry and Matt were there. Weren't so went to fetch some chips and walk round the fair being put up. Sue met P and went to after show party. Me and SJ joined them later and really enjoyed ourselves. On the way home this lad tagged himself along with us and was really drunk. He kept going on about how I'd fancy him when h was sober etc and asked me out, said no! Had to give him a goodnight kiss to get rid of him. Yuk!

Monday April 2nd 1979
Got up quite late so were pretty late to school (shame!). I went home in fifth period to fetch some stuff and then at dinner we went down the fair! Good fun. Sue met up with P. Went down again at night. IC was down there (swoon!). I really like him again. He said hello but he didn't stop. Me and SJ followed him and then she saw CB so we followed him for a while. I don't know whether I like IC or Matt now. I fell out of the waltzer car while it was spinning I was really scared and hurt my arm. Andrew walked us home. Night, night

Tuesday April 3rd 1979
Went down the Beehive at dinner. Matt was there. Sue, SJ and me went over and talked to him. P came in to show some photos of the fancy dress. Had a rehearsal then met SJ at 10pm. On the way I passed Terry and Matt and some friends. Me and SJ found them and I went on the parachutes and the waltzers with Matt and SJ with Fez. Terry went so me and SJ followed him to the Blue Ram then went back to MAtt. Went on waltzers with us the went and we stayed on and then went to the Blue Ram to find them but they weren't ther. Walked past Beehive but car gone so went home. I like Matt again!

Pubs at lunchtime from school!! Following boys!!! Staying out late on a school night!! What were we thinking???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

Eurovision!!!

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo