I've really, really tried.........

Ok, I've tried, I've really, really tried.....and I know it's only been 3 days!!!
I can't listen to Chris Evans in the morning - it's not the same, I can't do it and I have tried. How strange that it can have such an impact on my morning routine. Terry was the best:

"They say what is his secret, and it is just that he puts his audience at ease. That's why they want to listen, because they feel better about themselves after they have listened to him. He has made the nation feel at ease with itself and that's a great gift and we owe him a lot for that."Today presenter John Humphrys

I miss hearing what Chuffer Dandridge has been up to, Janet and John stories that made me laugh out loud like an idiot stuck in traffic on the way to work. What shall I listen to now to help me wake up gently, ease me into the day gradually and allow me to smile whilst facing the day ahead? I MISS TERRY.
P.S Just found a great blog detailing Terry's last show. Ahhhhh

Comments

Anita Hamilton said…
Sounds like you lost a real friend! The occupational scientist in me says "it takes time to learn new habits and life feels foreign until the new habits and routines begin". :-)
Angela said…
Hi Anita - yes you are right - bit like "physician heal thyself":-) It's so silly but it has felt like a type of bereavement! One or two of my colleagues have been feeling the same so we have a good self-help group going on!! Changing a routine after nearly 20 years takes some doing!! Hmmm must dig out that MOHO assessment....

Popular posts from this blog

Abseiling santa, sunshine and snow....

Eurovision!!!

Of time, marker events and arriving at work on a lilo